TARDIF, Pierre (1950)

Before devoting himself to sculpture and installation art, Pierre Tardif completed studies in dance, experimented with visual arts and was a member of the Zoogep Granby Circus theatre troupe as an actor and lighting technician. He has also trained in African percussion music, which he has been teaching for twenty-five years. In addition to taking part in sculpture symposiums, he has collaborated with artist Hélène Plourde on projects for the integration of art into architecture: these include works at the École de l’Aquarelle in Saint-Constant and the École Saint-Jean in Granby. Alongside Plourde and Jean-Jacques Huot, he co-created an installation entitled Le Radeau de la Méduse, which was exhibited in Sutton (Phase 1, 1997) and Cowansville (Phase 2, 1998).