Aurelio Sandonato moved from Italy to Montreal in 1951 and began teaching fine arts at the Cégep de Saint-Laurent in 1970. In 1984, in collaboration with Claude Sauvage, he published Arte architectura: une ville utopique (ed. Musée d’art de Saint-Laurent). He created a number of public sculptures, including Sculpture murale at Montreal’s Du Collège subway station (1984), Point de Mire at the Musée de Lachine (1984), Les Promeneurs in Parc Saint-Laurent (1990, refurbished in 2002) and Diapason at the Orford Arts Centre (2001).
Aurelio Sandonato, Murale, 1984. Terre cuite. Station de métro du Collège, Montréal. Photo: Alexandre Nunes.