MARCIL, Joseph (1941)

Joseph Marcil studied carpentry at the Institut de Technologie de Montréal and at the École des beaux-arts de Québec. He later produced works for the integration of art into architecture, including for the Espace Verre centre. During the 1960s, he worked primarily in sculpture but also completed drawings on paper. In 1966, he participated in the Joliette sculpture symposium with a stone sculpture entitled Les nouveaux guerriers (“the new warriors”).