BÉLANGER, Jean-Laurent (1940)

After receiving a degree in economics from Université Laval in 1966, Jean-Laurent Bélanger spent many years both teaching and working in the commercial sector. He took an interest in sculpture in the mid-eighties, becoming a member of Atelier Silex in 1985 and of the Corporation des artisans du Québec in 1986 and 1987. He has exhibited his work in Trois-Rivières, Quebec City and Toronto, and has participated in various projects integrating art into architecture and the environment. In 1991, Bélanger completed a public piece for the rest stop at Pointe-du-Lac. His works take us back to essential notions such as creation and emphasize light as a form of energy and the translucency of stone.